Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Torn Leggings


Cool

I have noticed a trend on the rise which is torn leggings, and I don't know about you but I am torn on whether I like them or not!

Its funny because I have a design I sketched in which I had my croqui (fashion figure) wearing torn legging and I thought to myself that could totally work with a funky dress or under some shorts. And walking the streets of SoHo last month I saw a girl wearing black ripped stockings under a tapered black dress with a gold chained belt and cool flats and it looked awesome! And thats when I began leaning on the LIKE (thumbs up) side.

Not to long ago I saw pictures of the 6126 brand torn leggings and I am suddenly not liking them so much anymore. For those who don't know 6126 (Marilyn Monroe's birth date) is Lindsay Lohans leggings line that is sold in Nordstroms. Their torn legging looks so cookie cutter that it hurts my feelings! LOL I don't think rips or tears should look uniform or stencil like and that's exactly what I have been seeing lately.

So in the end should you go spend buuukuu bucks on neatly cut out leggings or take it into your own hands and indulge in some DIY slash-time leggings?
You tell me.

Not so cool

No comments:

Post a Comment