Monday, August 10, 2009

Jeanology for Men


With the various trends in denim for men I think some clarification is needed. Therefore this jeanology lesson can hopefully help some in need of a little insight on how to choose their denim. I will be referencing Levi's styles throughout and these can be found on www.levis.com.

Let's start with the very trendy skinny jean! This is a cool trend to me I like it vs. the baggy jean, HOWEVER, there are important do's and don'ts.

DON'T - have you're skinny jeans soooooooo tight that it looks like your "package" disappeared! I don't think any one's jeans should look painted on!


Do - choose a fit that is skinny, where it fits snug around the thigh and comes in around the ankle but not like second skin. 511™ Skinny Jean


Don't - wear your skinny jeans with a shirt that is not proportionate. I.E slim fitting jeans should be worn with a slim fitting shirt it makes for a happy outift =o)


Do - Pair your skinny jeans with a proportionate top!


Our next lesson is Slim fit jeans

Slim fit jeans are for the guys that want to stay away from the skinny but still have that narrow fit.

The lesson is pretty simple, get the right fitting jeans, you cant go wrong with slim however you don't want baggy slim jeans or slim jeans that make you look bad. So try a few pairs on until you get your desired look. They should fit at the waist, get slim in the thigh area and straighten out to the ankle. 514™ Slim Straight Jean 501® Original Jean



Moving on to the next Chapter: Not in Style

There are a few jeans out there that are, for the lack of better words, played out!
Let's stay trendy and keep it cool.

Baggy Jeans
I know they were once cool some time way back when...but we are all in 2009 so lets slim down the jeans. And I'm not asking you to go completely skinny but as stated above, the slim fit is the alternative that looks good on most everyone.

No No


which brings me to my next no no...the overly designed jeans! Is Coogie really making these?? I don't think so...


Last but certainly not least, PLEASE lets stay aways from this
A sag is always cool but all the way UNDER your butt?? That's just ridiculous!

I hope I have shed a bit of light on the denim world and please pass on what you have learned to a friend in need!

No comments:

Post a Comment